Re: how to use promise fastTrak 378 with IDE disks?

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 19:08:20 +0000, michael wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2008, at 17:36, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> [...]

[...]

>> Did you try to boot your system with the controller set to normal
>> operation (i.e. not IDE-mode) in the BIOS?

[...]

> it fell over at the Grub loading stage

I think that might mean that the system recognized the FastTrak-attached
drive(s) and tried to boot from it/them. It is, however, not clear to me
whether it would see two separate drives under these conditions or one
drive with hardware RAID working.

If you want to investigate this further then you probably have to switch
your entire setup to using partition labels or UUIDs, to be imune to the
effects of /dev/hd? reshuffling (or try a liveCD as I suggested
earlier).

          Florian   |