Re: Aligning path for kmail and openoffice.org

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/20/08 15:55, andy wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/20/08 15:45, andy wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/20/08 13:14, andy wrote:

Hello

When I receive email attachments in kmail and go to open these in
OpenOffice.org, I receive an error message informing me that the
attachment can't be found. The attachment appears to be located in a
/tmp directory under the .kde directory.

My question is: what would be the better method of being able to open
these attachments with OOo? I suspect that it might have something to do
with setting the path variables, but I am really not sure.

Any help please?

        <snip>
Yep, that's about the size of it. So, I'm baffled. As I said, I think
that it has something to do with setting the paths, but I don't know how
to do that for these two apps.

Ah.  Your email was a bit on the jumbled side.

Hah! That doesn't surprise me!!  Not entirely sure of the terminology to use here.

Any suggestions?

You need to set the correct file associations.  Somewhere in Konq,
maybe?  (Since I don't use KDE, that's beyond my expertise.)

- --
I considered that, and it was as a consequence of associating OOo with word documents and powerpoint attachments that I get the "can't find attachment" result that I am seeking to address.

Anyone?

Cheers

Andy