Re: Aligning path for kmail and openoffice.org

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/20/08 15:45, andy wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/20/08 13:14, andy wrote:

Hello

When I receive email attachments in kmail and go to open these in
OpenOffice.org, I receive an error message informing me that the
attachment can't be found. The attachment appears to be located in a
/tmp directory under the .kde directory.

My question is: what would be the better method of being able to open
these attachments with OOo? I suspect that it might have something to do
with setting the path variables, but I am really not sure.

Any help please?

Unless you explicitly save the attachment to a file, how does OOo
know where in some huge mbox (or Maildir or IMAP store) that some
random attachment (which is really encoded as base64 text) is?

Or is there something else that either (a) I am missing, or (b) you
aren't telling us?

Ron

I don't even know how to begin to answer your question.

Up until I had to reinstall my system I could open attachments on Kmail
using OOo without a problem. Since my recent reinstall, I haven't.
What's the diff? Same installation candidate (Lenny) but now I can't
open attachments.

Can you clarify what you are asking me.

Oh, duh!  I just re-read your OP and realized that I totally
misunderstood your email.

You mean that -- while in KMail -- if you click on Open Attachment
that it used to fire up OOo, and now it does not?

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Yep, that's about the size of it. So, I'm baffled. As I said, I think that it has something to do with setting the paths, but I don't know how to do that for these two apps.

Any suggestions?

Andy