Re: Aligning path for kmail and openoffice.org

On 03/20/08 15:55, andy wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

>>> Ron
>>>
>>> I don't even know how to begin to answer your question.
>>>
>>> Up until I had to reinstall my system I could open attachments on Kmail
>>> using OOo without a problem. Since my recent reinstall, I haven't.
>>> What's the diff? Same installation candidate (Lenny) but now I can't
>>> open attachments.
>>>
>>> Can you clarify what you are asking me.
>>>

>> Oh, duh!  I just re-read your OP and realized that I totally
>> misunderstood your email.
>>
>> You mean that -- while in KMail -- if you click on Open Attachment
>> that it used to fire up OOo, and now it does not?
>>
> Yep, that's about the size of it. So, I'm baffled. As I said, I think
> that it has something to do with setting the paths, but I don't know how
> to do that for these two apps.

Ah.  Your email was a bit on the jumbled side.

> Any suggestions?

You need to set the correct file associations.  Somewhere in Konq,
maybe?  (Since I don't use KDE, that's beyond my expertise.)

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification