Re: Why Red Hat is the "business" distro

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:10:48AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Back to computers:
>    We're such a successful company, we can afford to buy Tier 1 kit,
>    and send all that money to MSFT.  And because we do, we *must*
>    be getting good stuff.
>
> (If that is, actually, an actual upper-management though process.)

In my experience, it is. Working upper management in a small company
some years back, we had to constantly watch what we did because it was
so easy to think just that. Luckily, we had a competent crew of people
around us who could give us the best stuff for cost (cabinetry,
construction, interior design etc) instead of for retail. But it was
always a temptation. My bosses struggled with it constantly,
especially because they had the money to do it the expensive "best"
way. I suspect that they've given up that struggle and jsut spend the
money now withouth thinking. oh well.