TrueCrypt install on Debian v4.3 or v5?

I would like to install Truecrypt on Debian Etch. According to recent posts I have read (see below) there are problems with the new version 5 which means I would like to install version 4.3a. which I am sure will do all I need. However Debian is not one of their supported distros.

First problem is I can't find the source to 4.3 on their website. They have a section for downloading previous versions, but the source doesn't seem to be there. There is a Ubuntu deb package which appears to be a compiled version.

Alternatively is anyone using version 5 happily without suffering negative experience as mentioned in some places, e.g. Truecrypt 5.1 - How I loathe thee <http://forums.truecrypt.org/viewtopic.php?t=10025> One user suggests he will return in a year's time. I don't want to wait that long for a usable version.

I found a guide to installing v5 on Etch here
http://forums.truecrypt.org/viewtopic.php?p=40855#40855
but haven't found a guide for v4.3 (probably because my search produced too many hits for me to wade through).

Any help  / opinions on how I should proceed would be welcome.