Re: DCHP

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Dave Sherohman <dave@sherohman.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:01:08AM -0800, Ken Irving wrote:
>  > You say there are two DHCP servers; perhaps what you're
>  > seeing is a different IP reply from one or the other server?
>
>  This was my first thought also, though.  The OP may want to verify this
>  detail, as my experience has been that running more than one DHCP server
>  on the same network tends to cause Bad Things to happen.
I'm not sure how the admins implemented that, but from my own
experience, usually only one DHCP server is active at any one time.
The other DHCP server will act as a failover in case the main server
fails. So usually having 2 DHCP servers are not a problem (most of the
time, only the primary server will be answering DHCPREQUEST).

Chris