Re: DCHP

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Cassiel <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Every time I restart my Lenny I obtain a new ip addr from one of the 2 dhcp
> servers. We have a 1 month lease on this servers and this should never
> happen within this period.
You can't guarantee what IP address you'll receive with DHCP. If you
wanted to ensure static ip on your host, you should the following
lines to dhcpd.conf on the DHCP servers (if it is a linux/UNIX-based
dhcpd):

host <hostname> {
  hardware ethernet <MAC address>;
  fixed-address <IP address>;
}

That will ensure that your host (identified with MAC address) will
receive the same IP.

Does that helps? Or you have other intentions?

Chris