Re: lvm root partition was full, deleted data -but still reports it is full.HELP!!

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 09:31:23PM -0400, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 04:03:47PM -0400, Michael Habashy wrote:
> >
> >>Bless you guys.
> >>that was it...
> >
> >now you just need to find out how you filled up 700+G and deal with
> >preventing it in the future... ;)
> >
> Ahhhhh.  Yes, a very good point!  A slight fact I over looked!
> Something is not correct on that box.
>
> Here on my home box I filled up all of 3.5G of / with everything
> installed I can think of with only /home and swap on a diff. partition.

Another example of why separate partitions are A_Good_Thing (TM).

My / is only 300 MB.  On boxes with drives over a couple of GB, I have a
/ partition on each drive with an entry in grub, with grub on all
drives.  Fixing a problem on one drive is as simple as booting another
drive.  Rsync keeps the drives in sync.  One good reason why more than
one spindle is a good thing.

Doug.