Re: Connecting the mobile phone via USB

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 08:50:16PM +0100, Shams Fantar wrote:

> I didn't find information about my problem. I would like to connect to
> my computer my mobile phone
> (http://www.samsung.com/ph/products/gsm/gsm/sgh_z170.asp) via USB. The
> mobile phone is correctly detected :
>
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04e8:6601 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Z100
> Mobile Phone
>
> Which software to use for managing my pictures, videos of my mobile
> phone ? There aren't a lot of information on Google about !

I have Samsung Z540 and never had any success with managing the
information on it using Debian.  I could use it as a modem using a
USB-cable and one of the programs I tried (maybe Gammu but I cannot
remember) could copy some stuff from the phonebook but nothing else.

I will probably not buy a Samsung again because of this.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one
      another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one
      another."                         John 13:34