[OT] Zip file browsing tool

Hey guys,

I was given a 18GB (yes GB) compressed zip file by a family member, containing all kinds of photos and videos.

The problem now is they cannot unzip it (using Mac OS X Leopard). The unzip tool always exits with an error.

Now, I haven't received the zip file yet...still downloading it through scp. So now my question is, can I use the split utility to break these files into smaller pieces and unzip it?

And also, is there a tool to browse zip files...like how midnight commander is able to browse tar.gz files without decompressing them. From there on, I can just copy the most important files out without having to decompress the entire thing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Amit