Re: xorg and aspect ratio's

Alex Samad wrote:

I am having a problem with my X server. i am using amd64 with nvidia

I have it connected to a plasma screen its an old one with a menu option
for 4:3 or 16:9

I would like to keep it in 16:9 mode for watching video's, but when i do
this. my aspect ration seems to go askew.  I have tested this by using
xli to display a jpg on the screen and on my laptop (windows) and on
another debian amd64 machine.

How do you watch the videos? If you are using mplayer, look into the -monitoraspect, -monitorpixelaspect options.

Also, are you also running at a resolution that is 16:9?

my Xorg.conf seems to be set up okay, I let nvidia work out the right
dimensions of the monitor and freq and dpi. it is current set to 35 x
50. I have measured the screen size and it is the same as the one
reported. so it has all the right dimensions.

any one have any idea how to config X to handle the screen when i put it
in 16:9 mode

Raj Kiran Grandhi
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.