Re: getting gs to see ttf fonts

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:02:23PM -0500, H.S. wrote:
I haven't got any reply to this problem. Either this particular thing "just works" for everybody and no body knows what could be wrong (so never looked), or the problem is not straight forward at all. So, which one is it?

Also, can anybody confirm the above problem does not occur for him?

Well, I never use OO.o, never use non-latin fonts, never use tt fonts.
I write with LaTex and turn the dvi into whatever I need.  I'm I'm
printing I use dvips then print to my Epson impact printer that uses
apsfilter with lpd and gs-gpl.

So for me, it would be "it just works" and since its with things I never
use, it would also be "not straight forwarward at all" and I can't
confirm the above problem does not occur to me.  Can't try it for the
above reasons.

However, I wanted you to at least get a reply to the problem so that you
know you are not being ignored.:)

Thanks. I was beginning to wonder.

I think I faced this problem sometime back as well. Never got it fixed. The crux of the matter is: how does Debian (Linux in general?) deal with printing a ttf font to PS -- without having to tweak a number of conf files and making font files.

I am thinking I should give this a try on a Ubuntu machine. If it works there, I can work backwards and see what I am missing in Debian. This sucks though, with all the user friendliness we have these days in Linux.

BTW, I am trying to push Linux in a local community center (also trying to convince them that the MS Windows they keep on install on all computers donated to them without Windows is not really legal!). If they discover this problem, 'Againt-Linux' camp is going to shred me to tatters there (you know this camp, they believe everyone has MS Windows and that it is universal).

->HS

Doug.