Re: openoffice.org: fonts different on a printout (PDF print works)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: openoffice.org: fonts different on a printout (PDF print works)
- From: "H.S." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:08:16 -0500
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
If a document containing some Indic fonts is printed, those fonts come
out to be different on paper. English fonts are okay though. However, if
the document is saved first as a PDF file and then that PDF printed, all
fonts come out okay on the printout. This is on Openoffice.org 2.3 on
Debian Testing. Where do I start looking to solve this one? The printer
is question is Brother 2070n.
I looked in to this problem a bit more and it appears that the problem
is while printing the document to postscript. Looks like the ttf fonts
are not being printed in the output ps file. In place of those
characters I am getting rectangular boxes.
So, what is going on here?