Re: getting gs to see ttf fonts

H.S. wrote:
Hello

If a document containing some Indic fonts is printed, those fonts come out to be different on paper. English fonts are okay though. However, if the document is saved first as a PDF file and then that PDF printed, all fonts come out okay on the printout. This is on Openoffice.org 2.3 on Debian Testing. Where do I start looking to solve this one? The printer is question is Brother 2070n.

I looked in to this problem a bit more and it appears that the problem is while printing the document to postscript. Looks like the ttf fonts are not being printed in the output ps file. In place of those characters I am getting rectangular boxes.

So, what is going on here?

thanks,
->HS

Well, looks like the problem lies in making ghostscript see those ttf fonts. I was hoping that putting the fonts in /usr/share/fonts/truetype and running fc-cache -fv would make it happen ... well, something hasn't worked since the output PS file still has boxes in place of those ttf fonts.

So, how do I go about making ghostscript see all my installed truetype fonts in Debian Testing? Is the following webpage what I am supposed to follow or is it outdated in these days auto-configuration of fonts in Linux?
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/TT-Debian-5.html

thanks.

I haven't got any reply to this problem. Either this particular thing "just works" for everybody and no body knows what could be wrong (so never looked), or the problem is not straight forward at all. So, which one is it?

Also, can anybody confirm the above problem does not occur for him?

thanks.