Re: getting gs to see ttf fonts

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 08:33:19PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> >> And comparing your spiffy new Sun3/60 to the VAXstation?
> >
> > ????
>
> I'm insinuating that you're an old fogey living in 1987.  (We love
> you, Whitney Houston!!!)

I'm not an old fogey.  If I need a box to do something, I don't need to
go out and buy it, I'll use a used one.  Why should a dial-up firewall
or a print server require beefy CPU and memory?

For the record, my IBM PS-ValuePoint 100DX4/Tp 6492x5c 486 was purchased
in 1988 (not 1987) :)

While the hard drive that came with it died, I have a drive from an old
386, a 171MB IBM drive, still good.  I use it like a LiveCD for old
boxes that don't boot CD (and were made before USB was invented).  It
has a nice Debian Woody system on it.

:)

Who's Whitney Houston?

Doug.