Sending a bug report with reportbug fails

I configured reportbug with defaults (I don't use local mailserver for
delivery and reportbug uses bugs.debian.org as SMTP host). However
when I try to file a bug report, sending fails with message: SMTP send
failure: (113, 'No route to host'). My firewall should permit all
outgoing traffic so that shouldn't be a problem. Same problem occured
today and two days ago.

Any ideas what's going on? Is something down? Should I file a bug
report? Againt what?

P.S. I'm using just installed system (Installed etch which I had to
upgrade to lenny because of missing screen control driver).