Re: Idea of a Debian Mascot [Was: FW: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections]

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 06:09:48PM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> Next time I have a spare box, I'll work on having an OpenBSD main system
> with Debian in a chroot

once I tried it with FreeBSD 4.x

chroot /debian/

gave a nice bash prompt, but anything needing to access /dev/ or /proc/
had serious problems (since linux and BSD kernels have quite different
ideas about these dirs; outside a chroot the emulation code does some
ticks to minimize such problems)

Once I asked in FreeBSD mailing list about the possibility of executing
user mode linux, but the answer gave very little hope.