Re: Usermount

On 2008-02-27 05:13 +0100, Frank McCormick wrote:

> Just installed usermount --- a graphical interface to mount/umount.
> Problem is it won't allow me to mount/unmount anything.
>

> It's supposed to read fstab and if the line has 'user' in it...well...
>
> here's mine
>
> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults         0       0
> /dev/hda2       /               ext3defaults,errors=remount-ro0       1
> /dev/hda1    none swap  sw 0 0 /dev/hda5  none  swap sw 0 0
> /dev/hdc     /media/cdrom0   iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0
> /dev/hdd     /media/dvd      iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0
> /dev/fd0     /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto 0 0
> /dev/hda3    /media/gutsy    ext3    user,noauto 0   2
> /dev/sda     /media/sda      vfat    user,noauto 0   0
>

> But as I said I can't mount anything.

A general advice: if something does not work as expected, the first
action should be to look in the BTS if the issue has already been
reported.  It took me only one minute to find out
http://bugs.debian.org/382914 which seems to explain the problem.

BTW, that the problem is outstanding for so long probably means that the
usermode package is not really maintained; the last maintainer upload
was two years ago, and the package is not part of Etch due to a release
critical bug.

Sven