Re: mounting error USB stick

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 00:16:36 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Florian Kulzer on 25/02/08 17:39, wrote:

[...]

>>> That's good. My user can mount it with pmount-hal at /media/adam for
>>> one stick, and /media/usbstick for another, and pumount it again. So
>>> that is probably the command that Thunar issues.
>>>
>>> It also gives me this message:
>>>
>>> libhal-storage.c 1401 : INFO: called LIBHAL_FREE_DBUS_ERROR but
>>> dbusError was not set.
>>> process 23617: Applications must not close shared connections - see
>>> dbus_connection_close() docs. This is a bug in the application.
>>>
>>> Perhaps this is an indication that there's something wrong still
>>> which prevents the system from executing pmount-hal automatically.
>>
>> It seems that you are not the only one having this problem, and it is
>> not limited to thunar:

>> Do you have a completely up-to-date system? (kernel, udev, hal, libhal1,
>> libhal-storage1, dbus, libdbus-*)
>
> Completely up-to-date etch versions.
>
> That bug is a year old. I couldn't work out how to see its status from
> that web page. Anyway, you're right, it does appear to be the same issue
> I'm having.

It seems to me, however, that we do not know if this message is really
related to your problem, since you never tried to run pmount-hal
yourself before thunar started acting up (if I understand you
correctly).

Maybe it is still worthwhile to check a few elementary things: What
happens if a newly-created user with clean xfce and thunar profiles runs
the xfce session and a USB stick is plugged in? If things still go
wrong, is there anything interesting logged in ~/.xsession-errors?

          Florian   |