Re: mounting error USB stick

If you're done with this thread, I'll take it over then for my own very similar problem (not to do with 'flush' though).

Using xfce, Thunar used to pick up on the new usb storage device and put an icon in its tree pane for me with the usb stick's name. Clicking on that would then mount it to /media

I disabled this, I'm not sure how. I spent a couple of hours trying to resurrect a dead usb stick last weekend and in the process foobarred my hal or Thunar, I'm not sure which.

hal still creates /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 but I can't see it as a mounted file system.

ls -la /dev/sda1/ returns "not a directory"

In fdisk, I can see the partition table on /dev/sda1 is FAT32, and with mkdosfs, it formats the new file system fine.

There are no errors in /var/log/messages - it all seems hunky dory:

Feb 24 16:43:56 localhost kernel: sda: assuming drive cache: write through
Feb 24 16:43:56 localhost kernel:  sda: sda1
Feb 24 16:43:56 localhost kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sda
Feb 24 16:43:56 localhost kernel: usb-storage: device scan complete

Anyone know how can I sort this one out?

thanks
Adam