Re: sshfs and permissions of /dev/fuse

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 14:03:53 -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:

[...]

> > Try "modprobe -v fuse" (unload the module first if it is already
> > loaded). This should create /dev/fuse or give you an error message.

[...]

> Ok that worked. I was able to load the fuse module and running ls -l
> lists /dev/fuse with the permissions.
>
> > Another thing to check is fusectl:
> >
> > $ mount | grep fuse
> > fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
> >

> yes this is missing.
>
> > If that is missing for you, try to run
> >
> > invoke-rc.d fuse start
> >
> > or
> >
> > invoke-rc.d fuse restart
> >

> when i run the above command i get the following error:
>
> invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/fuse not found.
>
> I guess the init.d script did not get correctly set up and that is why
> at startup the fuse module doesn't get loaded.

Don't worry about this, the fuse initscript does not exist in Etch. (I
forgot to check that before I sent my previous message. I run Sid.)

Can you use sshfs after you modprobe the fuse module? If so then you can
simply add fuse to /etc/modules. If it still does not work then you
should at least get a different error message now...

          Florian   |