Re: sshfs and permissions of /dev/fuse

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:37:09 +0100
Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:

> I've installed fuse with "module-assistant auto-install fuse".
> Then, after loading the fuse module, I've tried sshfs, but I get
> the following error:
>
> fuse: failed to open /dev/fuse: Permission denied
>
> Here /dev/fuse has the following permissions:
>
> crw-rw---- 1 root fuse 10, 229 2008-02-14 13:25:53 /dev/fuse

I recently installed sshfs on this etch system using aptitude install sshfs. I am having the same problem you listed above. However, I can't seem to find /dev/fuse.

amit@debian:~$ ls -l /dev/fuse
ls: /dev/fuse: No such file or directory

Even a sudo modprobe fuse doesn't result in anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Amit