Re: ASUS P5GC-MX mother board - Attensic network card

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Sridhar M.A. <mas@mylug.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:57:28PM -0500, Andrew Reid wrote:
>    > On Wednesday 20 February 2008 22:53, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
>    > > I have bought ASUS P5GC-MX mother board which has inbuilt  Attensic
>    > > network card. During installation of debian etch, card was not
>    > > detected. Hence installed with out network only minimal system(with
>    > > only last option in software selection). I have googled. But I didn't
>    > > get anywhere near solution. I have only stock kernel of etch.
>    >
>    >   Check the CD that came with the motherboard -- I recently
>    > installed etch on some P5GC-MX/1333 machines (which is *not* exactly
>    > the same mobo, I learned that...) and there's a "linux" directory
>    > on the CD with source for an atl2 module that works with the
>    > Debian "etch" 2.6.18 kernel.
>    >
>  I am also using an ASUS board with Attansic network card. Kernel 2.6.18
>  does not support this card. Why not install 2.6.2[234] on your machine?
>  One of them might even be available from backports?
>  Regards,
>  --
>  Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
>   Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Dear Sridhar,
Thanks for the response. I tried compiling with downloaded source for
atl2 after installing build-essential. I get msg linux kernel source
not found stop. Is yours attansic L2 network card? Does the driver
compile with any of  2.6.2[234]. What kernel you used and whether it
has direct support or you have compiled driver. If compiled from where
did you get the source? Kindly reply. TIA.
linux user No.205042