Re: ASUS P5GC-MX mother board - Attensic network card

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 22:53, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> I have bought ASUS P5GC-MX mother board which has inbuilt  Attensic
> network card. During installation of debian etch, card was not
> detected. Hence installed with out network only minimal system(with
> only last option in software selection). I have googled. But I didn't
> get anywhere near solution. I have only stock kernel of etch.

  Check the CD that came with the motherboard -- I recently
installed etch on some P5GC-MX/1333 machines (which is *not* exactly
the same mobo, I learned that...) and there's a "linux" directory
on the CD with source for an atl2 module that works with the
Debian "etch" 2.6.18 kernel.

  Of course, you'll need to get the linux-headers package and
a compiler on to the system first, I'm not sure if they're in the
Debian netinst CD or not.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net