Re: Problem changing display color in 'ls'

John Salmon wrote:
The real problem is my 72 year old eyes. I have a lot of trouble reading some of the pre-selected list colors in 'ls'.

I'm running Etch, Bash and Gnome on a Dell OptiPlex. I have a small '.bmp' file that I use as a place holder in image file groups. 'ls' shows this file name in green with a white background. Doing 'echo $LS_COLORS' shows that '.bmp' files should be shown in bold magenta with a white background (bm on white).

Please check that the file in question does not have the execute bit set. It may be showing up in green because ls thinks it is an executable file.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi