Re: reliable editting of any PDF file

However I see from http://www.bxlug.be/en/articles/128 that I can use
"debian-marillat" sources - does anybody use acroread from there for
*editting* PDFs?

Yes, I do. As I said in my previous posting, PDF file needs to be enabled first for annotation. In our lab we have a copy of the Windows version of Acrobat 7 (not Reader). Using it I can enable annotations, save the PDF file, and open it again on my Debian box using Acrobat Reader. Then all annotation tools in the free Acrobat Reader are available and I can save the final result into the same PDF file.

Greetings,
  Tad