Re: reliable editting of any PDF file

michael wrote:

> I'm struggling to find software to edit a PDF file. Firstly, I'm wary of
> using a graphics editor to do the job and pdfedit [1] seems to reject
> many of the PDF files I've just tried because they are "linearised"
> according to the bug report [2]
> So what joy have others had, or is this the Holy Grail [3]?

I think you are looking at it the wrong way. PDF is supposed to be an "end
format". It is not designed for re-editing the documents. The practical
solution to this problem is that, you should get hold of the document that
was exported into pdf, edit the original document and export it back to pdf

For example, if you are writing a .tm file and exported it into .pdf. Then
you need to get the .tm file, edit it and then export it again.

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi