Re: Firewall suggestions?

Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
Georgi Naplatanov wrote the following on 02/13/2008
10:44 AM:
Ipcop is a good choice too, but i can not understand why you need
antivirus on firewall/router machine.

http://ipcop.org/

Regards
Georgi

I need anti-virus because I have five (today) Windows
systems behind the firewall and it is much easier,
quicker, cheaper, reliable, safer, etc. to check for
viruses at the point of entry than maintain and update
separate anti-virus solutions on each system.

Is combination (proxy and anti-virus) reliable enough for other programs except web browsers and ftp clients ?

I mean programs such as instant messengers for example.