Re: right click and resize selected images in Konqueror

Kelly Clowers wrote:

Gwenview (KDE4 default image viewer (also available in KDE3) and Kview
(KDE3 default image viewer)  should both be able to do that.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Yes, I have already tried that. But the user was looking for right clicking on the selected thumbnails in Konqueror and choosing to resize them in one go -- all this without having to open the images in another application.

Now before I encountered this request, I never realized how convenient this can be for non-expert users. I myself use a bash script to do this kind of stuff (using imagemagick). But I have just realized a feature like this is extremely useful for an average user. I have played around with Nautilus's image resizer, and I must say it rocks. It works in a single image or on all the selected image. Very neat! I wish Konqueror had something similar. I am at present looking at this (though I would like a package which I can suggest to the user to install using Synaptic and not having to deal with scripts editing):
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Resize_Images_using_ServiceMenus_(right_click)

regards,
->HS