Re: Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]

On 09 Feb 2008, Peter Jordan wrote:

> 1) eth3 and wlan0 differ
> 2) add "auto eth3" or whatever to /etc/network/interfaces
>
> 3) you don't use wpasupplicant?
>
> pj

1. I did have auto eth3 in the file but probably I screwed something up
in my repeated attempts to get iwl3945 working. Anyway, for whatever
reason it's  now come back - I mean I get a wireless connection
automatically on boot with 2.6.23. I'm giving up on iwl3945 for the
time being -- I don't think it likes my hardware at present.

2. I don't use wpasupplicant. For security I have access in the router
restricted to a list and I don't allow the broadcast of the essid.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian