Re: Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]

On 07 Feb 2008, Peter Jordan wrote:
> wouldn't it be better if you posted your /etc/network/interfaces ?

Here it is:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth2
iface eth2 inet dhcp

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid ap
wireless-mode managed

Meanwhile, I've at least managed to get wireless working again with
iwp3945 on kernel 2.6.23. But for some strange reason, since yesterday
it no longer comes up automatically on boot; I have to do the following
as root:

modprobe -r ipw3945
modprobe ipw3945

ifdown eth3
ifup eth3

Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian
on-line books and sceptical articles)