Re: Icewm lost! Can't reinstall

On 08 Feb 2008, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Anthony Campbell:
> >
> > Icewm has been deleted automatically in an upgrade of Sid yesterday.
>
> No, it did not happen automatically. You should read what aptitude is
> about to do before confirming that this is what you want it to do. :)
>
> Using 'safe-upgrade' instead of 'full-upgrade' by default is a good idea
> anyway.

I'm not using aptitude, largely because it has removed all kinds of
things it shouldn't when I used it in the past, though safe-upgrade
sounds good. I like wajig -- it does warn you before removing things
though I missed it on this occasion.

> Sure. But I didn't remove IceWM. :) You should be able to downgrade it,
> though.

I was able to reinstall it from /var/cache/apt/archives.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian