Re: Icewm lost! Can't reinstall

Anthony Campbell:

> Icewm has been deleted automatically in an upgrade of Sid yesterday.

No, it did not happen automatically. You should read what aptitude is
about to do before confirming that this is what you want it to do. :)

Using 'safe-upgrade' instead of 'full-upgrade' by default is a good idea
anyway.

> I tried to reinstall but got:
>
> =========================
> The following packages have unmet dependencies.
>   icewm: Depends: libungif4g (>= 4.1.4)
> E: Broken packages

> I've put in a bug report but meanwhile it's a major disaster, though
> fortunately only on one computer so I'm holding back on the others.
>
> Anyone else met this one?

Sure. But I didn't remove IceWM. :) You should be able to downgrade it,
though.

J.
--
I no longer believe in father christmas but have no trouble
comprehending a nuclear apocalypse.