Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On 08/02/2008, s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> >  handled? On my machine Hebrew is reversed in the console. If someone
>  >  could enlighten me as to how to install new locales (I've googled and
>  >  cannot figure it out) then I'll try it and report back.
> As root, "dpkg-reconfigure locales" gives me a curses based chooser.
>  Toggle on the ones you want, and it'll generate them.

feisty@feisty-laptop:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
Generating locales...
  en_AU.UTF-8... done
  en_BW.UTF-8... done
  en_CA.UTF-8... done
  en_DK.UTF-8... done
  en_GB.UTF-8... done
  en_HK.UTF-8... done
  en_IE.UTF-8... done
  en_IN.UTF-8... done
  en_NZ.UTF-8... done
  en_PH.UTF-8... done
  en_SG.UTF-8... done
  en_US.UTF-8... done
  en_ZA.UTF-8... done
  en_ZW.UTF-8... done
  he_IL.UTF-8... up-to-date
Generation complete.

No choice.

>  Thanks for the interesting discussion.  I'd not an inkling that
>  Cyrillic arrived that way, and the mechanics of ME languages were
>  pretty much dark here before this.  :-)

There is an excellent (but heated) discussion of Muslim faith and
tolerance going on at /. right now. You might find it interesting:
Grep my username "dotancohen" there.

Dotan Cohen

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?