Re: low-MHz server

Nate Duehr wrote:
Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:58:28AM -0500, Christopher Judd wrote:
PS FWIW, I doubt that it is really the high frequency fields that she is sensitive to

But, there were quite a few MORE people who were actually sensitive to ultra-sonic frequencies... audio that was above the normal range of human hearing.

Many of those people had reported that computers and electronics bothered them, and what was found was that they could HEAR these frequencies, in almost a subconscious way, and it would annoy them, distract them, etc.

Anecdotal, but I can testify to it: I know a woman who as a kid and young adult could "hear" the anti-theft systems in some stores back in the 80's or so, along with other such high-pitched sounds; it drove her crazy to be in such stores, etc. It seems that she grew out of it (or at least, mostly).

--
Kent