Re: dist-upgrade from sarge to etch - package dependencies issues

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 22:41:11 +0000, Dimitrios Daskalakis wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to upgrade my distribution from sarge to
> etch.

Are you following the upgrade procedure that is outlined in Etch's
release notes?

> Having upgraded successfully the 2.4 kernel to 2.6, I
> update my sources.list (change sarge to stable, so I
> get etch) and I run aptitude upgrade. Then ...

Do you run "aptitude update" before that?

> aptitude   dist-upgrade
>
> which unfortunately gives me these errors:

[...]

>   xlibmesa-gl: Depends: xfree86-common but it is not installable
>                Conflicts: libgl1 which is a virtual package.
>   xlibmesa-glu: Depends: xfree86-common but it is not installable
>                 Conflicts: libglu1 which is a virtual package.
>   libglu1-mesa: Conflicts: libglu1 which is a virtual package.
>   libfam0c102: Conflicts: libfam0 but 2.7.0-12 is to be installed.
>   libgl1-mesa-glx: Conflicts: libgl1 which is a virtual package.

Please post the output of these two commands:

apt-cache policy xlibmesa-gl xlibmesa-glu libglu1-mesa libgl1-mesa-glx

aptitude search '~i~Dlibfam0c102'

          Florian   |