Re: missing /var/mail

Quoth John Hasler:
> Sven writes:
> > I'd recommend to leave mails on the server, if you are using POP3, to
> > ensure they aren't lost in case of a power failure.
>
> Because, as we all know, ISPs _never_ lose mail.

How does a mathematician ensure he doesn't get blown up by a bomb on a train?

He always carries one bomb with him, because the probability that there are two
different bombs on the same trane is ridiculously small.

... Well, that may be a bad example, but the chance of both YOU and YOUR ISP
losing mail at THE SAME TIME is ... ridiculously small.

Aleks