Re: [Debian-User] HP print cartidge utilities...

On Jan 27, 2008 10:48 AM, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:32:39 -0600
> "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Javier,
>
> > I was wondering if there's any HP application which would allow
> > performing print cartridge alignment, and also pen cartridge cleaning.
>
> HPLIP, which is in the standard Debian repositories.

Only problem is that HPLIP as well as HPIJS now strongly depend on
cups under unstable (the system I use), and I don't use cups.  Seems
like I'll have to move to cups then (for some reason, cups and lprng
don't get along with each other in ustable any more), :(...

I'll look into the hplip documentation after installing (of course
after the whole cups installation as well), to see how alignment and
cleaning is done...  If it's possible with hplip, then I'll keep using
it, I was really missing cartridge application for long time, :).

Thanks a lot,

--
Javier