Re: [Debian-User] HP print cartidge utilities...

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:25:26 -0600
"Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Javier,

> Only problem is that HPLIP as well as HPIJS now strongly depend on
> cups under unstable (the system I use), and I don't use cups.  Seems

Ah, I've always used CUPS.

> like I'll have to move to cups then (for some reason, cups and lprng
> don't get along with each other in ustable any more), :(...

True, but CUPS provides lp substitutes.

> I'll look into the hplip documentation after installing (of course
> after the whole cups installation as well), to see how alignment and

HPLIP has several tabs, one labelled Tools, where cartridge cleaning,
alignment and colour calibration can be performed.

If you have a multi-function device (print, scan and fax machine)
they're supported by HPLIP, too.  There used to be an HPLIP mailing
list, but they've recently moved to a web forum for support.  It has
several HP staff there, as it's the official HP support (for Linux)
forum.

> cleaning is done...  If it's possible with hplip, then I'll keep using
> it, I was really missing cartridge application for long time, :).

Fortunately, I find I don't have to clean cartridges too often, if at
all.  I mean, it wastes ink, for a start.

> Thanks a lot,

Glad to help.

--
 Regards  _