Re: Movies, household network and 54g limits... (maybe...)

johnny:

> I can assure you that I can't get more than max 10Mbps (standard 8/9).
> Maybe depends upon a range extender I have in my location: I read that
> this kind of thing takes the global throughput to half, is it true?

Yes. There is a (more or less) fixed throughput available for both
sending and receiving and since the extender has to send everything it
receives and vice versa, your effective throughput is halved.

J.
--
I have been manipulated and permanently distorted.
[Agree]   [Disagree]