Re: OT: Flash memory

On 01/11/08 18:15, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
[snip]

As the sub-atomic particles that maintain the charge that represent the
bits on the outside edge are moving faster than those on the inside
edge, they will have less mass and therefore are easier to move
"uphill".  Also, they will move faster still as they move "uphill"
(orbital mechanics, twirling figure-skater, etc) and become yet less

Conservation of Angular Momentum and every guy with a wife who's made him sit thru TV figure skating knows that the girl speeds up as she draws her arms in, and slows down as her arms extend.

massive.
Interestingly, as particles approach c, they loose mass, and you could
say they become "lighter" as they turn into photons....

?????

Particles *gain* mass.  That's why you can never accelerate to c.

Now all we need is the Quark drive.  Turning it on would by "up spin".
Strange.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown