Re: OT: Flash memory

On 12/01/2008, David Brodbeck <brodbd@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > How do seek and rotational delays affect Flash RAM?
>
> If you spin around in a circle fast enough while holding the flash
> card, all the bits slide to the outside edge where they're harder to
> reach. ;)

Yes, but if you read from the outside edge then your bit density is
greater and therefore your theoretical maximum transfer rate is
higher, providing that the bits don't all fly around when you stop
spinning. This benefit would outweigh the harder to reach bits. :-)

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.