Re: DVD driver

On 1/2/08, hce <webmail.hce@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Can a DVD+R driver work to a DVD-R disk? I thought the different
> between the DVD+R and DVD-R is the laser beam,  if I can copy DVD-R

It's a bit more complicated than that - dvd-r & dvd+r are somewhat
different methods to
write to the disks, and the disks themselves are formulated a bit
differently, if I understand the various links (1) that I've only just
cursorily investigated.

That being said, is your DVD drive capable of reading & writing the -R
and +R formats? Many modern dvd drives are able to do that. What about
Iif applicable) a dvd-player that's attached to your
stereo/entertainment system?

I guess what you refer to as "driver" I'd either want to interpret as
the dvd media itself or the underlying drive hardware.

> is it correct? Or any alternatives or tricks to watch video from DVD-R
> disk?

Can the disk itself be read? That would seem to be the most important
thing. And that may not have anything to do with the software you are
using or the drive, but depend more on the quality of the media.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-R
     but see the reference "why DVD+R is superior to DVD-R" there too