Re: upgrading in sid

Thanks again for explaining everything.

After continuing through a few more upgrades (actually, I got the word that I should now be using "safe-upgrade", so was using that when I remembered), I'm now almost fully up to date (kde wants to uninstall itself when I try to upgrade kdebase, so I'm putting that off for a week or so to see if it works better after available packages are built on the other end). I really appreciate all the assistance,

	~c

Daniel Burrows wrote:
On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:09:53AM -0500, charlie derr <cderr@simons-rock.edu> was heard to say:
aptitude-create-state-bundle doesn't apparently exist on my system -- was this a relatively recent addition to aptitude? (it may have been a year or slightly longer since I've upgraded aptitude)

  Yes, it was added in version 0.4.6.  All it really does is make a
compressed archive of the following files/directories:

  /var/lib/aptitude
  /var/lib/apt
  /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
  /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin
  /etc/apt
  /var/lib/dpkg/status

  ...but I find it's easier to tell people to run it than to tell them
to make a compressed archive of a half-dozen cryptically named items. :)

  Daniel