Re: upgrading in sid

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:09:53AM -0500, charlie derr <cderr@simons-rock.edu> was heard to say:
> aptitude-create-state-bundle  doesn't apparently exist on my system -- was
> this a relatively recent addition to aptitude?  (it may have been a year or
> slightly longer since I've upgraded aptitude)

  Yes, it was added in version 0.4.6.  All it really does is make a
compressed archive of the following files/directories:

  /var/lib/aptitude
  /var/lib/apt
  /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
  /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin
  /etc/apt
  /var/lib/dpkg/status

  ...but I find it's easier to tell people to run it than to tell them
to make a compressed archive of a half-dozen cryptically named items. :)

  Daniel