Re: Anyone have success with bootsplash package?

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:00:18 +0200, Eric A. Bonney wrote:

> I have tried installing this package on two of my three machines and had
> no success with it.  I have verified that I have frame buffer support
> compiled into the kernal and I have also even installed the patch that
> is listed in apt-get, but nothing seems to work.  At one point I was
> able to get text size change during the boot up, but then machine locked
> up during the boot process.
>
> So I was wondering if anyone had any tips if they got it working on
> their machines.
>
> Eric

I've tried it, with a few different vga=parameters using the debian
bootsplash & bootsplash-themes packages and although it changes resolution
and loads the frambuffer at boot (verified via dmesg) it doesn't display
any splash image but boots normally as framebuffer-text.

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve@patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter@jabber.earth.li