Re: Anyone have success with bootsplash package?

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:51:30 GMT
Stephen Patterson <steve@patter.mine.nu> wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:00:18 +0200, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
>
> > I have tried installing this package on two of my three machines
> > and had no success with it.  I have verified that I have frame
> > buffer support compiled into the kernal and I have also even
> > installed the patch that is listed in apt-get, but nothing seems to
> > work.  At one point I was able to get text size change during the
> > boot up, but then machine locked up during the boot process.
> >
> > So I was wondering if anyone had any tips if they got it working on
> > their machines.
> >
> > Eric
>
> I've tried it, with a few different vga=parameters using the debian
> bootsplash & bootsplash-themes packages and although it changes
> resolution and loads the frambuffer at boot (verified via dmesg) it
> doesn't display any splash image but boots normally as
> framebuffer-text.

I'm using vga=791. The splash image displays at the grub screen, and
the boot messages are "nice". (No graphics, but small and nice
characters - haven't counted rows nor columns, but framebuffer must be
working.)
I have an nVidia GeForce4 video card and a Compaq 7550 monitor, using a
stock 2.6.18 kernel.

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.

Get a free email address with REAL anti-spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com