Re: Debian User List

"Michael Pobega" <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
> I completely agree with this; If I wasn't bound to always
> have to monitor my battery life and wireless signal
> graphically (Because I'm on a laptop) I'd probably be
> using Ion3 or wmii instead of Window Maker.

Hmm, you know, I think that both of those window managers
offer the ability to display messages to the user (I *could*
just be making that up, but I don't think so). In that case,
you could toss together a simple BASH script or something
that would periodically display your battery usage and
wireless signal, since there are shell commands that can
output that kind of info...so if you really want to switch,
that could possibly be a workable option (then again, it
might just get annoying).

Amy