Re: Debian User List

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:27:07 -0400
"Michael Pobega" <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 10:11:41AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:37:41 -0400
> > "Michael Pobega" <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > I completely agree with this; If I wasn't bound to always have to
> > > monitor my battery life and wireless signal graphically (Because I'm on
> > > a laptop) I'd probably be using Ion3 or wmii instead of Window Maker.
> >
> > How about gkrellm?
> >
> > Celejar
> >

> I just tried it out and I'm not really a fan; It's too "in the way" for
> me, and it doesn't recognize my battery correctly (Whereas wmacpi does).

I'm also still using the Xfce panel plugins even after playing with
gkrellm, partly because as you say they're smaller and simpler (the
gkrellm ibam battery monitor seems to work fine for me, though). I
imagine that it might be possible to customize gkrellm to have a lower
profile, but I haven't played hat much with it yet.

Celejar